Tuesday, 1 February 2011

Blue Valentine

I watched Blue Valentine last night. Heard from a couple of friends that it was a really good movie. After watching it, I agreed. It is.


In a definition that most people would easily understand, this is a love story. The kind that doesn't have a happy ending. Oh, what kind of love story would that be, you might ask. The realistic one. The kind that isn't filled with coincidences that makes you believe, love is enough. Because sometimes, it's not.


That feeling when Cindy and Dean first meet, I'm sure we've all been there. And no matter how hard we try, sometimes - that ending we're trying to avoid, is unavoidable


I like the story and how it's being told. I like how it makes sense. You'd wish it didn't have to go that way, but - like I said, it's a realistic kind of story.

It will make you smile, laugh, cry ( or at least gives you a pair of teary eyes ), upset, sad and then -- accept. 
I'm so going to watch this movie again. And again. AND AGAIN. After Closer and Love Actually, this is actually the first drama I'm willing to watch more than once.
Oh, and I think Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams were the perfect choice. I couldn't picture anyone else playing Cindy and Dean. And after this movie, I'm finally acknowledging Gosling more than just a pretty face.


Favorite scenes and quotes :


1. The one in the subway.


DEAN
Let’s do it. Let’s be a family. Let’s be a family.

CINDY
You don’t have to do this, you know, it’s not your fault.

DEAN
I love you.

CINDY
I love you too.



2. The conversation they had in the kitchen.

" Tell me how I should be. Just tell me. I'll do it. ", Dean.

3. " How can you trust your feelings when they can just disappear like that? ", Cindy.

Seriously, go see the movie. It's painfully beautiful. And, who knows, you'd probably going to like the same scenes. 
:)

PS : Mind you, I'm soooo trying not be a spoiler thru' this post. Which is, really hard to do.

Cheers!

x

No comments: