Saturday, 26 March 2011

... and there's this one place ...

I have always wanted to have my own coffee shop. No, not like Starbucks. Because, let's face it, Starbucks isn't really selling coffee. They're selling the comfy atmosphere and prestige. Like, I don't know how it is on other parts of the world, but here - in Indonesia - you'll be considered very ... hip, if you hang out at Starbucks. Believe me that. Me? I'm mostly there because of the Avocado Mousse. OH DEAR LORD! That's one delicious moose. 

*wipes drool*

Okay. My own coffee shop will be small. But comfortable. And ... minimalist. And it will be at the side of the road. Not in some big malls or plazas. That's just ... lame.


Pretty nice, no? That would probably for the smokers. Hehe ... 

And it will have a small stage so people can listen to live music, say - once a week? Just like Central Perk. 

 Maybe I'd hire someone like Phoebe Buffay or maybe ... hot studs like John Mayer or Jason Mraz. 

*evil grin* 


I also want it to give that homey feeling. I want it to be one of the places you'll miss the most when you leave town for more than a week.




That place you will mention every time you tell a story from the past to the people you know. The place that holds a lot of memory in your life.

OH! OH! And if it's possible, I'd like to have a small book store, either inside of the coffee shop or next to it. Or maybe, on the second floor. People can borrow the books, but they can't take them home. They're only allowed to read them there. HOW AWESOME WOULD THAT BE!? I KNOW, RIGHT?!


Here's a shocker. My coffee shop will not have free Wi-Fi! Yes! So no laptops and stuff. Why? Because, it irritates the shit out of me to see people, sitting face to face but yet too busy "communicating" with their gadgets instead of with the person in front of their noses. Especially when it turns out they're just checking their Facebook or Twitter. I believe, a coffee shop is one of the few places where you should just enjoy the time you're spending with the person/people you are with. To talk about stuff, catch up, share funny stories. You can worry about work, or who wrote on your Facebook wall, later. Or before. Just not when you have the people (hopefully) you like/love, a cup of coffee and a slice of your favorite cake. You enjoy that moment, people! You get what I'm saying? 

 Here is exhibit A.

Plus, reading books is so much more fun to do when you're at a coffee shop.



Last but not least, I really hope that he's going to be one of my loyal customers. 




WHAT? Like you're not going to like it if a guy like him showed up at your shop? 


Yeah. So there goes another crappy post. And by crappy I mean, me rambling about unimportant stuff like this because boredom is beating the shit out of me. But hey! Now you know - one of the many things that I've always wanted to do. That's nice, isn't it? Or not?
Oh well...


[ images were taken from weheartit.com ]


Cheers!


x

No comments: