Around this time last night, dad had to go in to surgery. His colon ... was leaking so they had to cut half of it. Literally. ( Oh I wish I could explain it better. )
Around this time next week, he'll be here. Resting, I hope. For he's been spending three days hopping from one airplane to another.
Around this time a couple of months ago ... I have never imagined things to take its turn. Such turn.
I would never thought that I would see my dad laying on a bed in an ICU room like today/yesterday. I never thought that I would ever feel his forehead that cold. I never thought that seeing him open his eyes when I was saying, " Hey Dad ... I'm here ... " could make me feel so emotional. I never thought, for 5 minutes when I was in that room, I really wanted dad to meet him.
Around this time next week, he'll be here. Resting, I hope. For he's been spending three days hopping from one airplane to another.
Around this time a couple of months ago ... I have never imagined things to take its turn. Such turn.
I would never thought that I would see my dad laying on a bed in an ICU room like today/yesterday. I never thought that I would ever feel his forehead that cold. I never thought that seeing him open his eyes when I was saying, " Hey Dad ... I'm here ... " could make me feel so emotional. I never thought, for 5 minutes when I was in that room, I really wanted dad to meet him.
If you're reading this, please don't freak out. Doesn't mean anything (anything that might freak you out, at least...).
I just want him, along with mom and older brother, to know about this wonderful person who's been with me through out these tiring - oh so tiring - weeks. And that he feels I'm worth the long - oh so long - trip. How he's not perfect but I love him anyway (yeah, you know that already. No surprise there. Heh heh...)
How he makes my life feels ... balanced.
How ... wonderful he is.
Yes, I've said that earlier. But I just can't find other words to describe him.
He asks about how you're doing everyday, dad.
:')
I'm proud of you, dad.
I'm proud of your strength to fight this.
I'm sorry if I was being such a cry baby.
I just ... didn't know it'll be so hard for me to see you laying there.
Like that.
I'm sorry if I've been more of a disappointment to you rather than your pride and joy.
A lot things in my life that, if I could do it differently, I would now.
Yeah, don't you just wish regret could've just come earlier.
Feel better soon, dad.
So you can, at least, get out from that ICU room.
Because, I swear to god, that place is very depressing.
VERY --- VERRRRY depressing.
I hope you're able to sleep tonight.
And I'll be seeing you later at 11.00 am.
Okay?
PS : You should've seen how many people came by to visit, dad. Not to mention my friends who are wishing for you to get better. I must have done something right in my life to deserve that. The privilege to have so many nice people. And how a lot of them are admiring your strength, holding on and fighting this. A LOT, dad. So, do keep in mind, you're not alone.
And to all who's been wishing for my dad to get better soon - via Twitter, BBM, text messages, even comments on this blog - I can't name you all, but each and every one of your are getting my sincere "thank you". You know you are.
Thank you, guys.
No comments:
Post a Comment