Tuesday, 12 April 2011

6-11

I honestly don't know where or how to start this post. Not because I don't know what to write down, but because there are so many things that I want to write down.

I just had - probably - the best six days of my life. This beats out that one day I call my graduation day.
I was fine Tuesday afternoon. I still remember spending time with Wahyu and Fata after getting this little something for him.

Really glad you like 'em. :)

I remember them asking me about how I was feeling. Was I nervous and stuff. I said, I'm okay. I was. And also pretty sure that I will be okay tomorrow.
But tomorrow, I woke up feeling ridiculously nervous. I'm not sure what to wear, don't know what to talk about, I even kept missing the domestic arrival's gate. Missed it three times. THREE fuckin' times.

*shakes head*

And when I saw him, standing, waiting for his luggage ... I can't feel my legs. It was surreal. It's like, I know he's coming, he has landed, etc. But actually seeing him - even from afar, at that time - just sort of made it all ... dream-like.
Then he called me and I told him that I'm already waiting for him outside. I remember saying, " I can see you. You're like the whitest guy in the group ... " Well, he was!

He came with me to the hospital around 17.30-ish. Met my mom and older brother. It was weird. Reealllly weird.
That's actually the first time I ever introduced someone I'm "close" to, to my family.

Brother asked him to have dinner with us on Saturday. I thought that was weird. Like, awkward - weird. Maybe because that's the first time my brother spent the time talking to the man I love.

He didn't get the chance to see my dad on that first day tho'. Because, apparently, my dad was being prepared for his first blood transfusion. Dad's blood pressure went down after that. The one thing we're hoping wouldn't happen. The nurses said that they'll try to level up the blood pressure with meds. But it takes around another two hours to see if it's working. Told him that I should drop him off back to the hotel. He said no. Said that he wanted to wait at the hospital until we know how my dad is doing.

I didn't say this to you, but -- I feel that's the nicest thing someone has ever done for and with me. To wait at the hospital. With me.
Thank you.
:)

I introduced him to my friends. The people that knew about the "us" over two years ago (and the ones the just knew about us...). 
The ones that were there and listened to me rambling, missing, sometimes cursing at him for two years.

 She's one of the few people who's been with me through ... everything. She's the one I called for hours just to talk about him. She was the one who cheered me up when I was crying because I was missing him so much. She was the one friend who understands and didn't judge. To have these two people that I love in one frame ... it's just ... nice.

It was so weird.
It was like doing something I never thought I could do.
But, at the same time, it was really nice.
I'm happy my friends likes him.
( The two other people I'd like him to meet are Rini and Ajeng. Maybe one day ... :) )

Being with him, everyday, almost all day -- for the last 6 days ... I never thought it could be that comforting. To know that there's someone beside you to hold your hand and stroke your back when you feel like crying as you see your dad laying in bed feeling helpless. Yeah, that was nice.
REALLY nice.

The things we talked about. This time, face to face. Not via Skype or whatever. Those talks, made me realise that he's also my best friend. I know that I can tell him anything.
Even the two arguments we had, didn't change that.
The arguments felt like something that needed to happen just so we could get to know our real selves even more.

I'm not going to go through details, because ... I don't think it's appropriate.
But as tacky as this may sound, now I know how it feels to be in love with your best friend.

I was hoping that things will go okay. Turns out that things went awesome.

Those six days felt like a reward. My reward, for the  two years I've spent being pathetic and thinking, " What if ... " or " If only ... "

He said that he's coming back. Something I didn't really expect. Especially after the massive hand-shaking-with-loads-of-my-family-members session. I really thought that'll freak him out. 
If you're a Bataknese, you'll know what I'm talking about.
But, seems like it didn't. I really hope it didn't.
Hehe.

Just told my best friend since elementary school, Mel, about him. I just feel like telling everyone about him. Is that weird? It is, isn't it? Kind of. 

Yeah, I've been quite lame - if not tacky - for the last few days.

Anyway ...
Universe? I'm quite happy. Wait. No.
I am happy.
Thank you.
Not just for him, but for the improvements my dad is showing.

Everything I said to you, I meant every single word. You have nothing to worry about. 
I love you.
:)

Pardon the lame-ness.
That will be all.

Cheers!

x

:)

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Aaaaaaaaaaah! Cute. :') SELAMAT KAK UNEEEE!!!! UNDANGAAANNN!! *menari-nari* *di atas penderitaan arifinto* *eh

putraps said...

"...person who cared?"

I do care. And as I once said, I'm really happy for you :)

Prita said...

Oh. Was in tears reading this. :).A friend next of my cubicle actually asking me, "Eh ada apa sih? Ih loe nangis seneng ato nangis sedih sih??. :D. Happy for you both. So happy!

Andini Haryani said...

nice!

Lalla Pratami said...

OH MY GOOODDHHHH!!!!! I'M HAPPY FOR YOU TANTEH MWAH MWAHH

Unee Adisti said...

@Sonia :
DEMI APA KAMU NGEKOMEN DI BLOG AKU, SON?! *masih norak* :))
Trus itu undangan apa maksudnya? Ulangtaun? :))

@Puput :
Huwaaaa ... *mewek* Makasih, Ses. Ah, I still remember the nights YOU spent reading about MY stories about him on Yahoo Messenger. Bangke ah! Kesian banget gueh waktu itu. =))

@Prita :
Aww ... :')
Thank you.
And by the way, are you the same Prita who used to read my old blog - the one that got hacked?
( Not sure if you'll read this tho'. haha. But if you are the same person, hello again! :D )

@Andini :
Singkat, padat dan jelas banget dah.
haha.
Yeah, it was nice. :)

@Lalla :
AAAAAAAAK! PONAKAN! ITU OM-MU NAK!
*halah*
=))
*hugs and kisses*
:)

Prita said...

Yes, I am the same person. :D. Hehe

Unee Adisti said...

Oh wow.
How did you find this blog?
My old one was hacked because my emails were hacked.
It's kind of scary that you can track this one down.
:))
But, still -- hello again!
:)

Prita said...

I ask my IT friend to track it. Haha.. Oh do I sound creepy? Sorry ... :(. *ngumpet kolong meja*

Reading yr blog is like a routine. That's why I tracked it down. Love yr mind. Don't worry, am not gay. Hehe. Just love the mind, miss. Just the mind ..

Have a great day!

Unee Adisti said...

Oh my gawd.
Really?! HAHA.
No no. You don't sound creepy.
*takes a few steps back*
=))

No really. It's okay.
You, my friend, is officially my first true stalker.
Thank you for giving me with good, but weird, feeling.
And I don't mind even if you are gay.
:))

Thank you. And you have a great day too.
:D

-JJ- 黄天龙 said...

:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

i think you've successfully taken the meaning of the phrase "smiling from ear to ear" to a whole new level. :D

Unee Adisti said...

Aww ... J baby!
( that doesn't cute. Or .. does it? :)) )
*hugs*