Sunday, 8 May 2011

Happy Birthday, Rin :)

Dear Amanda Meirini Sucahyo,
today is your birthday. And I don't know why, I feel like writing a post about it. About you.
( Yes, maybe I'm just being mellow and all hormonal. Whatever. )
Anyway, let me take the time to tell you about how I met Rini.
I'm not sure, but I think it was around 2009. I was reading her oldest daughter's - Cassey - blog and it mentioned something about her and there was a link to her blog. So, I clicked it and started reading. After that, I sort of felt that she's a cool person. Meaning, she's someone I can and would love to be friends with. I remember leaving a comment. Don't remember on which post tho', but I did. And I'm guessing after that, she payed a visit to my blog as well. Not this one. My old blog. The one that got hacked ( yeaaah ... fuck you, hacker! ) The one where I was, probably, in the most pathetic phase of my life. I'm missing details, but I remember her adding me on Facebook after that. I remember the first few "talks" we had, via email, was about the men that broke our hearts to pieces. HAHA. So typical, I know.
But, man! If you've read those emails, I'm pretty sure a publisher would want to make a book out of them.
I remember how not keen she was about me calling her, "Tante". She won't even let me to call her, "Mbak".
" My name is Rini and that's what you're going to call me. "
More or less, that's what she said.
( If you're interested to know what's behind the "attitude", read this ... )

So after that, I believe we exchanged Yahoo Messenger IDs. And started talking there.
A few months after that, she told me that she was coming to town for work and it would be nice if we could meet. And I thought, " Oh yeah! That would be nice. "
So we did. I remember how weird I felt - in a good way lho, Rin - then. Meaning, you know how sometimes, when you talk to someone online and that person seems like an awesome person? But when you finally met, it's ... awkward everywhere? That happened to me more than once and I was so afraid that would happen to us. Especially because I've already told her half of my story.
But in general, the meet-up went well. We only spent like a couple of hours together. Talking while having lunch.


I don't know why, Rin, but everytime I see this picture I feel like laughing. 
HAHAHA.
*see?*

Second time I met her was around March. I came to Jakarta for Java Jazz 2010. I remember her picking me up at Hotel Mulia with her new (short) hair. I was with Lalla, Feby and Farah at the time (also the first time I met those three...)
She also introduced me to Gondan (another awesome woman!) Then the six of us just sort of hang out at Ke'kun Kemang. Talking about stuff, laughing and drinking beer. Well, me, Rini and Gondan did. The other three, well -- they're too young to drink beer.
( Not really. They're just nice kids that we don't wanna "poison" with alcohol. haha ... )


I've said this many times before, I'm going to say it again.
This moment, that night, is definitely one of the best moment in my life.
Ever.

Third time was for Java Rocking Land 2010.
One of the worst phase of my life, if you know what I mean. But JRL was fucking awesome! Would do it again if I can.




What? Oh yeah, I noticed how weird I look in this photo. 


***
Okay. Now.
The things I'm about to say are the things that I've probably never told you, Rin.
But because it's your birthday and all, I thought -- why not?
* ini niat gak sih sebenernya? =)) *

I want you to know that, out of the not so many best friends I have, you are one of them. And you are one of the very few good things that makes me feel like I should thank the internet every now and then.
Thank you for being there with me through my most difficult times.
The me when I was being a bit crazy over the man that is now my boyfriend.
Especially the me that was breaking down when my dad was hospitalized and when he passed away. That last one, I remember what you said to me on BBM. About not wanting to say cliche things. And, you know what, what you said to me were exactly what I needed.
So, thank you for that.
For being my sanity when I needed it the most. For helping me to see things that were invisible.
For giving the strength when I needed that the most.
For always trying to be there for me.
Even for those random talks we have on Y!M, talking about ... well, random stuff.
For making me laugh.
For everything.
Thank you for trusting me with your stories.
For letting me to see another side of you that others may not see.
For me, you're not just an amazing mom, you are an amazing person.
Even with all your imperfection.
You are strong and you've been through a lot of shit in life, but yet -- here you are, still standing tall.
And I admire you for that.
( Please don't ever hold this against me, Rin. )
And I do believe better things - because I know, no matter what, you've been blessed with good things in your life already - will come your way.
I hope I've been as good of a friend to you as you have been, to me.
If not, I shall try harder in the future.
( Baek banget gak tuh gue? HAHA~ ~ )

So, Rini ...
again, happy birthday, woman!
I wish you nothing but the best. And more!
You deserve nothing but the best.
Not just because you're friends with me, but because ... you do deserve great things in life.
And you carry on being the cool mom that you are.

I wish I can give you a hug and we can celebrate with our good friend, beer. But, I'm not friends with Paris Hilton anymore, so I can't borrow her private jet to just come over and do that.
*hening*

Anyways,
I LOVE YOU!
*hugs*

No comments: