Saturday, 14 May 2011

So I Said "Yes"

Someone asked me the question last night. Through Skype.
It was around 2.30 - ish AM, I think. It was still the 12th of April there but already the 13th here, on a Friday! So it's Friday the 13th. Yeah, pretty awesome, eh? I can feel Freddy Krueger, somewhere, being happy for us as well.

The question was asked with him being there and I'm here. I thought he was joking - despite the fact of us talking about it (almost) everyday - but ... he wasn't.
He asked and I answered.
And the answer was a "yes".
Because, honestly, I really don't want to give any other answer.
So ...


First person I told about this was Rini. Thought she was already sleeping, but she wasn't. Second person was Lisa, third was Batman (No not the superhero. It's her nickname. Don't ask me to explain.). And from her, it sort of spread to my other friends. Which was nice.
There was a meeting at my office, Friday morning, and before we started, my boss said,
" Okay. Before we start the meeting, I've noticed that there are a lot of good news from a few of us. First on the list is, Yuni's now engaged. "
And I really didn't know how she knew about that, so soon!
Felt awkward receiving the "congratulation - handshakes" from co-workers after the meeting. And answering questions about how he proposed and where we're going to live.

There are still a lot of things to talk about and things to be decided.
But, at least, one thing is sure now.
And as much as I am scared - about things I'm not going to elaborate here but I've told him already (kind of ) - I've never been more ready and happy.
Because I know, he's the one I want to be with. For as long as I can.
And, that thing we call the future?
I want him to a part of mine.
Because, with him, the future doesn't seem so scary anymore.
And relationship.
And commitment.
And marriage.
So I said, "yes".
Hehe.

No picture of the ring, because I'm not wearing one. Yet. But I don't really care.
And again, I'm happy.
:')

4 comments:

Andini Haryani said...

Hoooorrrraaayyy! Such happy happy news! Congrats, Unee! :)

Mrs. Baldie said...

KAK UNEEEEEE!!!
AWWWWW, I'm so happy to know that, walaupun kita ga kenal personally :P

Unee Adisti said...

Andini : YAY! haha. *apadeh* Thanks, Din. :')

Debby : haha. Thanks, Deb. Yeah, we don't know each other personally but we are - kind of - connected. Thanks, internet. :D

Unee Adisti said...

Andini : YAY! haha. *apadeh* Thanks, Din. :')

Debby : haha. Thanks, Deb. Yeah, we don't know each other personally but we are - kind of - connected. Thanks, internet. :D