Tuesday, 21 June 2011

:')

Do you have a certain song that, when you listened to it in the past, it brings you nothing but sadness? That agony. The constant wondering about what happened and where and how it all went wrong? Almost willing to give or try anything just make things right again.
And then, when you listen to the same song now, you're able to look back at all of those feelings and just ... smile.
Knowing that you've managed to surpass all that and still standing strong?
Or even better ; you're standing strong with the person that, once, gave you that extra "taste" to a song that's already filled with sadness. That extra tears.
Kind of makes you wonder about life's sense of humor. In a way.
Or what the universe is trying to make out of you.
The lessons you're learning along the way without even realizing it.

Between The Lines by Sara Barreiles.
I don't know why, but that song has been played 3 times in 3 different radio stations today. Heard it on my way to work and on my way home. And until now, every time I listen to that song - one out of a few - I still remember how I was feeling the first time I heard it. Over a year ago, I think. I can still feel it like it was yesterday.
But yet, here I am, listening to the same song on my iTunes this time, while watching him doing his university assignment. The same person that "helped" me to feel what I was feeling back then.

Again, it made think about how weird life can be sometimes, y'know?
How I had to go through all that to be where I am now.
With the only person I want to be with.
And how I can't be happier.

And how I hate the fact that sometimes, just sometimes, I'm scared about how this wonderful thing might come to an end. Again. Because there's always an end to everything, right? But, what I meant was, I just don't want it to end like it did the first time.
I know it won't.
He's not going to do the same thing again.
He promised.
And I believe him.

I'm not sure if this is a happy post or not.
Haha.
I guess it is.
Judging from what I'm staring right now.
The person in front of me.
With his laptop on his lap and his thinking face.
I don't want to stare at anyone else.
I'm glad that I'm here now.

So yeah ...
this is a happy post.
I'm not "between the lines" anymore.



:')

2 comments:

dini said...

and i'm like this now ==> :' )
reading your post while listening to sad song...

Unee Adisti said...

Awww ... Dinii.
*hugs*